How to Write Ethical Sales Email Sequences
Would you love to generate a surge of sales for your business?
A great way to do this is through timed offers and promotions. These are where you have a limited-time offer that is only available for a specific period. Creating a sense of urgency encourages your potential customers to act quickly and take advantage of your offer.
Creating a compelling, timed offer is more than just setting a deadline and sending out a single email to your audience. To get the best results, create a sequence of emails that engage your readers, build anticipation, create a sense of urgency, and ultimately, deliver more sales to your business.
In this blog post, we’re sharing our top tips to help you create an email sequence that promotes a timed offer ethically. We’ll look at the psychology behind FOMO (fear of missing out) and show you how to use it to your advantage without resorting to unsavory tactics.
Here are some thought points to get you started:
- Multiple emails – Creating a sequence of emails is essential as this increases the chances of your audience seeing your offer and taking action. Start with an intro email that sets the stage for your offer. Then send several reminder emails during your promotion. Finally, send a final email on the last day your offer is available.
- Compelling subject line – When your email lands in your reader’s inbox, the first thing they’ll see is your subject line. Your subject lines must stand out and capture attention. This increases your chances of a reader clicking on your email and consuming the content that you’re sharing. Add personalization, such as your reader’s name, to increase open rates.
- Deliver value – Include some value in your emails alongside your promotional offer. This could be through tips, tricks, helpful guides, or information relevant to your offer. When you share value, you’re helping to build trust and credibility with your email subscribers.
- Add social proof – Include social proof in your emails to build more trust with your readers. Good examples of social proof are customer testimonials, reviews, or success stories. Show your readers how someone just like them was able to succeed with the products or services you offer.
- Create urgency – The main form of urgency is through your time-limited offer. It’s only available for a limited time, so if someone wants to purchase your product or service at a discounted price, they must take action. Add a countdown timer to your emails as a visual representation to your readers of how long is left before your offer expires.
- Ethical FOMO – The fear of missing out (FOMO) is a powerful motivator. However, it’s important to use this ethically. Don’t create false scarcity or urgency, as this damages your trust and credibility. Instead, your offer should be of genuine value and end precisely when you say it will end. Don’t make it like the furniture stores with perpetual sales ending the last day of every month!
If you need help with your email marketing, give us a call. We manage email marketing for many clients and have been for years. We would love to show you how you can create another affordable and easy marketing stream for your business.
Ready to find out more?
Schedule a free call!