Why It’s Worth Having a Google Business Profile
A Google Business profile is a free tool that allows eastern North Carolina businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google Search and Google Maps while increasing their ranking. The purpose of a Google Business profile is to help local businesses achieve higher visibility for relevant local searches.
Below are some benefits of having a Google Business Profile:
- Location – Google Business Profiles are synchronized with Google Maps. New customers can easily find your business. They can also get directions as well as street view (if available).
- Visibility – Google Business adds your listing to Google Maps and it also places you in the Local Pack Listings (also known as the 3-Pack). That means if your competitors are listed you may be listed alongside them, which keeps you front and center with those seeking options. It’s a unique search result that lists three local options above all of the other organic search results.
- Trust / Credibility – A Google Business profile can also show reviews and the review stars are visible in the map results, which adds a trust factor. You can also add photos to show visibility and your business’ style, staff, products and services.
- Information – A Google Business Profile also lists contact details, website address and more. There are also other features that can show hours of operation, minority owned business, if parking is available, etc.
- Free – One of the best reasons to use Google Business is because it’s free and easy to update. Because it helps your rankings on SEO, it’s a no-brainer to use. It keeps the important details of your business front and center so if your hours change seasonally, you can quickly update your profile and when people are searching for your products/services, they’ll know quickly if you are open.
- Lots of users – Google is the #1 search engine on the market so your Business profile will reach the largest market of people searching your offerings on a local level.
If you would like help setting up your Google Business profile, or any other social media platform, give us a call. Our award-winning agency has been managing social media for small businesses for over ten years and is one of the original social media experts in eastern North Carolina. Simply schedule a meeting with us today to see how we can help your business have a great presence online.
Ready to find out more?
Schedule a free call!