Two Simple Tips to Perfecting Your SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is considered the heart and soul of how websites rank in a search engine results page (SERP). Optimizing and perfecting your SEO can dramatically improve your website’s visibility in SERPs.
In fact, Google dominates the search engine market by maintaining an almost 90% share of searches. Not to mention the fact that Google is constantly updating its algorithms to ensure that website owners and/or agencies are utilizing the best practices for SEO. These simple practices will help searchers find relevant information efficiently and with little to no effort:
1. Focus On Website Organization
Your website’s structure and page layout is important to your SEO, as the website pages and subpages will need to be found and easily indexed by search engine crawlers.
- Keep your landing page URLs brief, descriptive, and most importantly relevant.
- Create title tags for every page of the website. A title tag is HTML code that represents the title of the web page. These title tags can display on SERPs as a clickable link to the website.
- Use meta descriptions to clarify your brand. A meta description is an HTML tag that appears below the title tag in search engine results.
- Use ALT attributes for your images. A search engine doesn’t read an image, rather the ALT text instead. Web crawlers use the ALT attribute to determine what the image is representing. Use keyword phrases to describe each image on your webpages.
Because SEO is focused on keywords, you need to develop a keyword strategy for your website content. Whether you use generic or long tail keywords, they need to be placed throughout your website as content. These keywords should be included in your headlines, subheadings, and image descriptions. By knowing the most relevant keywords or keyword phrases and utilizing them on your web pages – your website can surely rank high in SERPs.
2. Focus On Winning Content
Another factor that can affect your SEO is your website’s content. The best practice for optimization and top results is to constantly update your content as often as possible. It goes without saying that your content should:
- Include proper spelling and grammar
- Be easy to read and understand
- Be valuable and important
- Relevant to your targeted audience
- Include images, stories, and videos
- Not be duplicated on other pages of the website
Know what your competition is doing with regards to content. Determine what keywords they are using and use the information to strategize and optimize your website.
As a small business owner, you may find it difficult to keep track of all of this. Don’t worry or get overwhelmed. We’re here to help!
BG Digital Group is one of a few agencies in North Carolina to have earned the status of Google Partner Agency and we would be delighted to help you improve your SEO. Call us today to implement your winning SEO strategy!
Ready to find out more?
Schedule a free call!